Boston energy flow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
>Since this is an energy thread, let's keep this on topic. Care to compare our energy usage?

In a thread on limiting energy use in Boston, I mentioned that the only real power Boston had would be to raise the cost. The clear implication was that I was talking about raising the cost of energy use. You whined about it. My assumption was that you were whining because higher energy prices would be a burden for you. If that's not what you were whining about, I suggest you keep your whines on topic.

The Boston seaport district routinely floods several times a year during high tide. I was reviewing a development proposal and the elevation at ground level was 3' above Mean Sea Level. The plans included 3 stories of underground parking :rolleyes:. I have heard that despite the lack of regulations on height of mechanical and major electrical equipment that developers of new buildings are now putting the mechanical rooms on the third story or above so the expensive equipment doesnt get flooded.

Its going to be scary world for the next generations.

By coincidence, I just stayed in one of those new luxe condo buildings in the Seaport district for a week, and pahked my cah (a 2015 Volt) in one of those 3 story underground lots! Had 10" of snow, but otherwise aok. Guess I should've checked for King Tides. :cool:

As for the feud in this thread....it is an OLD one I think for the Green Room. ;lol

---------------------------------

A: Hey...let's talk about the future of energy. Did you know that they are going to BAN non-electric cars in the US?

B: Yeah, of course, probably around 2035.

A: I was thinking more like 2030.

C: You guys are nuts and want to take my car away, and then I will have to move to a city and walk everywhere and get mugged....no thank you.

A: Yeah, pretty much.

B: Dude, it won't be that bad...you'll just get a car that look and works the same, and it'll probably be cheaper.

C: I rode in an electric car once, it was really nice, but cost more than my first house. I will NEVER be able to afford one, and there are no chargers near my house.

A, B: :rolleyes:

-------------------------------

Whether we like it or not, we live in a democracy, where we collectively decide how to live together, hopefully informed in some areas by good science and economic and public policy theory.

The future is hard to predict, but the kids nowadays are all really big on fixing Global Warming, and when they take over politics, any day now, we will probably be looking at a Green New Deal, or something a LOT like it. And some of the Boomers on the right will just frickin lose their minds at how un-American it is. I think solving big problems is very American. Right now America is bringing up the rear on this global issue. That will not continue.

Reactions: begreen