Bout Halfway

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BoiledOver

Minister of Fire
Apr 14, 2013
43°58'55 N - 85°20' W
Been mostly a mild winter with only a few nights going below zero F. Mid-January with that much remaining is a good feeling, even though we know anything can happen. Next winters fuel in the rear will get the tarp in September.

Firewood0551.jpg

Reactions: Lone_Gun
This has been a pretty easy winter on my supply. I think I stacked 2 extra cord more than I thought I would need. I like to be prepared!

Nice dog! :)

I thought you meant, 1/2 way through this burning season. When I read the title.

The sun is sure getting warmer!

I heat 2 houses, both DHW an unfinished apartment and the garage when I'm out there. Burned 4 cord so far, helped a disabled neighbor with 2 cords. I'm hoping it won't get real cold. I have about half a cord of 3yo Oak, 3 cord of 2+yo maple, half cord 2yo Cherry. If I had to I could go to 2yo Oak, I have lots of that.