BRAVE LOG SPLITTER???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PARKBOY

Dec 24, 2010
CENTRAL KY
Anyone have any experience with these? Guy just called me and says he has one like new forsale but Ive never heard of them before.

Good quality products...... very popular here in Southern Illinios...... believe they are build in Central or Northern Illinois. I know of several people that have different models ..... no problems from any that I know of.

the very smallest one has about a 3.5 or 5 hp engine and single stage pump, whichis slow, but it is very light and portable. 3 inch cylinder and small but better than electric.

larger ones are pretty generic.

AFAIK, Brave and highly thought of Iron & Oak are the same company. Brave is their lower cost line, but not by much. I noticed that both brands have recently discontinued a number of models, which may indicating retrenching by the parent company.

I believe the real small unit, the EZ Split, is sold under a few other brand names as well. There are two versions, 8 and 15 ton. The 15 ton version has been discontinued, although they may have other models in that power range.

I thought this thread was going to be about splitters running into burning buildings.

S

Status
Not open for further replies.