Breaking Bad; Good Bad or Ugly?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mywaynow

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2010
Northeast
I have only seen a couple episodes of this show to date. It has caught my attention though, and I am thinking of finding the series in total to check it out. Anybody following this one? Opinions?

Teacher turned drug dealer/manufacturer turned criminal.......I think it's pure garbage.......
That said, most of whats on TV is garbage anymore.....
Just my two cents, though.

The last time my TV was turned on was July 4th to catch some of the show from the National Mall. Before that, I really can't remember.

Reactions: ScotO
The entire 5 season set is available to stream from netflix.
I liked the show it was different and interesting to say the least.

I got hooked on it on Netflix. Good show. Some was hard to watch for me since I see so little TV or movies that I'm not desensitized to violence any more.

Love it! Watching re-runs as I type.

Teacher turned drug dealer/manufacturer turned criminal.......I think it's pure garbage.......
That said, most of whats on TV is garbage anymore.....
Just my two cents, though.

The show has won all kinds of awards. It's not a happy feel good family show but I think it's a great drama. Well written with a good cast IMO

With that said it's not for everyone!

It's a well done study of human degradation. Personally I can't stomach 5 years of watching a well-meaning father degrade into a self-serving, lying, murderous bastard, but my wife gets them out of the library and likes it. There are some excellent character studies in it. I thought The Wire to be equally as hard to watch, but a more compelling story.

Extremely entertaining if nothing else. Its a reality show IMO. This is some of whats going on (IF not exactly) in this country.\
Sad but true. Another series Hell on Wheels is just as bloody and gory and also just as true to life.

It's a well done study of human degradation. Personally I can't stomach 5 years of watching a well-meaning father degrade into a self-serving, lying, murderous bastard, but my wife gets them out of the library and likes it. There are some excellent character studies in it. I thought The Wire to be equally as hard to watch, but a more compelling story.

I have to wonder if it's not simply an exaggerated version of the "choices" many people have to make as they age and are presented with various circumstances.....

Remember - lack of ObamaCare is part of what caused the whole thing!
;)

Yes, perhaps. Extremely exaggerated. I think it more as an illustration of what happens when one crosses the line on a slippery slope coated with teflon.

Just saw this movie last night - The Flowers of War. The background is the siege of Nanking and illustrates what may change a person when placed under the worst of circumstances. It's a brutal movie, but a good one.

I watched a couple of episodes. Compelling, but I don't enjoy being caught up in someone else's desperation.

Reactions: begreen
I watch about 1/2 hour of TV a week - but Martha and I would watch (until we caught up) one BB episode when we had time in the evening in RI (we have only netflix). It was a fun date. Entertainment - nothing more. Still, it does touch on an important theme regarding that many people are both criminals and saints... There actually are some people who are not, but this would be a minority of the population, IMHO.

I watched a couple of episodes. Compelling, but I don't enjoy being caught up in someone else's desperation.
Much rather be caught up in someone else,than my own. Makes you ask yourself how far would I go, if that desperate.

I never used to watch it. Got netflix and I have now seen every episode. Is it family programming? Not even close. Is it better than survivor, big brother, zombie crap, etc? Absolutely. Just from Breaking bad, I feel I got my $8/month worth.

Reactions: ColdNH
I've enjoyed the show . . . then again I am a degenerate. ;)

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
I've been a fan since it first aired. The acting is awesome, and the filming and story line is great too.
I think these last two years aren't as good as before. The writers had it ended but the network wanted one more season
so they went back in and made one more but split it into two.
I think this will go down as one of the best series made.

Reactions: ColdNH
The title just finally clicked ... show - Breaking Bad - sorry never watched it<>. Movie - Good, Bad or Ugly - Fistful of Dollars with my man, Clint Eastwood:) I've seen that one lots of times...

I used to laugh at people that said they didn't watch TV. Everybody watches TV. Wife reminded me the other night that I haven't turned one on in five years. That was to test the new antenna. ;em

I blame hearth.com. Well, that and online poker before they shut it down.

FINAL EPISODE tonight. I wont get to see it until tomorrow as i dont have network TV. Ill watch it on amazon tomorrow for $1.99 an episode. All the previous seasons are on netflix.
I started over and am going through it again on netflix. I cant get over how much story line i missed,first time around. The only series i ever watched TWICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.