Brick surround clearance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fulldraw13

Sep 25, 2018
Pennsylvania
Hi guys I’m new on here and looking for so advice. My stove is within the clearance code to a combustible wall but I’m adding a 3foot high brick wall around for looks. Do I still need the 1 in gap behind the wall still?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys I’m new on here and looking for so advice. My stove is within the clearance code to a combustible wall but I’m adding a 3foot high brick wall around for looks. Do I still need the 1 in gap behind the wall still?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No as long as you have the required clearance between the stove and wall adding brick in between doesnt matter. Some stoves it will even reduce clearances some even without the 1" gap