Buck stove blower problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Thor2019

Mar 10, 2019
Indiana
hello,
I am having an issue with my buck stove. The blower will not shut off. It has always worked great, but last night the power went off and when I came down this morning the blower was running full time with no fire in it. I have built a fire, but the blower will still not shut off!! I am not sure what to do!! I have switched the toggle back and forth, but it doesn’t change anything! The only way it turns off is if I switch the power off! Please advise!!

Could be the thermostatic snap switch or the power blower switch itself. What model Buck is this?

I’m not sure. It was in the house when I bought it. From looking up wood stoves online it looks like it is a 28000. I looked up thermostats for that model and I found one that looks similar to the one I can see through the vent with the three color round “switches” or “buttons”

I'd guess it's the thermostat disc, $19.00 from the on-line Buck store. Had the rheostat go out on our 91, fan wouldn't turn on at all. $25.00 from the Buck store. Hope this helps.

Moved to the classics forum. If it's the 28000 then it is the blower switch that has failed. This should be easy to replace. It looks like it's a single pole double throw switch. The hardware store may have one. Here is a the wiring diagram.

wood-stove-blower-motor-replacement-wiring-diagram-data-schema.jpg