Burn Baby Burn!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

imalovesmax

Hearth Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Western Washington
First small fire in our newly permitted Osburn Matrix. Our lives are once again complete. Thanks for all the good wishes this time around. Nothing like coming home to this after a cold run this morning! Burn Baby Burn!

Reactions: isipwater and Grisu
Congratulations, and I can't agree with you more. What a great feeling, I know

Reactions: imalovesmax
Thanks!

A few things we have noticed so far about the Matrix after having a Hearthstone Clyde in MA:

1. The fan on the Matrix is not quite as powerful, but is much quieter than the Clyde;
2. Everything on the Matrix, including the surround, etc, except for the handle and air flow lever is boiling hot. The Clyde was boiling hot in certain spots but not the surround.
3. We LOVE having the fireplace in the center of the house! This is just terrific, the upstairs is much warmer! The poor Clyde was on a north facing outside wall of the house but did give off wonderful heat in the house.
4. No problem getting a fire going for me this morning, just like riding a bike :)

Overall, we feel very happy that we did not spend quite as much this time around as the climate here is mild compared to central MA. The sleek design and price turned out to be great for our new house in our new location.

First small fire in our newly permitted Osburn Matrix. Our lives are once again complete. Thanks for all the good wishes this time around. Nothing like coming home to this after a cold run this morning!View attachment 117884
Wonderful looking insert with a simple and clean lines look! Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.