Buying wood by the semi load

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beetle-Kill said:
Don't worry Dennis. In Como's location, lots of sun, wind, and drier than heck.

That's good Beetle-Kill. I just keep thinking about all the rain and snow I usually hit going through Colorado. Then there was last June when I ran into a snow storm. The year before it was rain, lightning and about a mile or two of some serious hail. I just always consider if there are lots of trees, that will not be a dry area.

We are semi arid.

The Stove is a WOODLAND, wood on the left door, land on the right.

Nice looking place, by the way. If I'm ever in the neighborhood....

Anyone else thinking the Overlook Hotel?
paging Jack Torrance.

Seriously, your commitment to that much wood and the work involved is commendable. I wouldn't do it, personally.

Good Luck.

Neat to see what you are doing. Didn't make it through Como too many times but many, many trips through the Fairplay speed trap when I lived in Woodland Park and would head up skiing. Will never forget hitting a rain and hail storm one summer and holing up in the Fairplay Hotel. One of the coldest experiences of my life. Then got hailed on by another storm when I got to Divide.

I really miss Colorado!

Weird today, 3 layer morning, then about 1.00 it really warmed up, by 2 it was T Shirt weather, then as soon as the sun dipped below the horizon it dropped 20 degrees.

The weird bit was the T Shirt element.

PS Work out the Propane cost! Ouch.

You live in South Park and you are surprised by that why? :lol:

Surprised that I could get away with a T Shirt in May, today is the same temperature, but the wind blowing, so at least one more layer on the West side of the building than the East.

PS Our South Park is that South Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.