Came home to a Surprise Delivery Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drozenski

Hearth Supporter
Aug 14, 2010
Rochester NY
So yesterday i get a call from my tree service guy. He's got 4 trucks he needs to unload fast. He's got $250 for me if i can take it. So i jump at the offer. He drops off 1 load and says the rest will be coming in a few days/next week.

Well i come home to this and think well he dropped that stuff off sooner then i thought. The i see another load coming up the driveway and see the side of the truck. A guy that i meet 2 weeks ago that was grinding a stump i told him if he was cutting in the area i would take any wood he wanted to drop off.

Well he took me up on that offer now i have 50 face cord sitting in my back yard and my buddy still needs to drop off 3 truck loads!!!

And as you can tell my dog is excited. He LOVES! wood.

Any one in the Rochester NY area, im happy to share if you bring a splitter. Ill split everything with you and split it 60/40.

wood2.jpg

wood4.jpg

P1020833.jpg

I don't know how you people do it----or why you are not playing the lottery....

I would be jumping for joy if I were to come home to something like that- even if I could not get to the garage!

You know, in some parts of the country, we pay people to bring us firewood.

Just sayin' . . .

FOUL!!!!
That's CHEATING!
You have Tom Sawyer beat hands down. ;)
Someone may/should show up with a log splitter & take the 60/40 deal,
2 working a splitter would make fast work of it.
I "wood" but gas for the trip would be expensive firewood :)

Wood type/s?

I am in! Good luck moving the splitter blow out but got a tube!

WTF?!? That's crazy. Someone dropped a wood bomb! Congrats. You'll be busy fo sho.

drozenski said:
bogydave said:
Wood type/s?

Double load of hard maple

1 load of black locust

2 loads of oak

1 load of shagbark hickory

double load of pine

Well that verified it, CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT.
Hard wood we'd all love to have. Oak ,hickory & locust
Great Score for sure.
Now ,get to work. we're all jealous ;-P

bogydave said:
drozenski said:
bogydave said:
Wood type/s?

1 load of black locust

2 loads of oak

double load of pine

Great Score for sure.

:D i'm loving the maple. It's my favorite wood. Not 100% thrilled about the pine but free is free. It's also how i perked the guys interest. Told him i would be happy with any wood even pine.

You're welcome to drop the pine out here if it's in the way. I won't even charge ya, and will throw in some beverages. Congrats! My best friend lives in Rochester, if only I could talk him into coming to the world of wood burning...

drozenski said:
bogydave said:
drozenski said:
bogydave said:
Wood type/s?

1 load of black locust

2 loads of oak

double load of pine

Great Score for sure.

:D i'm loving the maple. It's my favorite wood. Not 100% thrilled about the pine but free is free. It's also how i perked the guys interest. Told him i would be happy with any wood even pine.

Missed that, "double load of maple" even more jealous now.

it sounds like you got the wood and $250?????!!!!!!! you must mean you got the wood and had to pay $250????

if he`s paying you, tell him to come to Cape Breton and I won`t charge him a penny.

I'm going to have to talk to my guys. Would you believe that I actually have to pick up my free rounds, their guys only load half of them for me, half the time its silver maple, and they don't even cover my gas let alone pay me to take it away?

That my friend is a thing of beauty!

ziggy19 said:
it sounds like you got the wood and $250?????!!!!!!! you must mean you got the wood and had to pay $250????

if he`s paying you, tell him to come to Cape Breton and I won`t charge him a penny.

Yes and $250.. I have a deal with a local tree guy. When he's got truck's he pays me $50 a truck load to dump on my land rather than 200-350 depending on weight at the dump.

drozenski said:
ziggy19 said:

Yes and $250.. I have a deal with a local tree guy. When he's got truck's he pays me $50 a truck load to dump on my land rather than 200-350 depending on weight at the dump.

I guess that makes sense...it must be awful hard to give wood away for free?????good for you , if I was you I`d get a splitter and start selling wood. If I was you I`d keep this quiet, this is what you call a once in a life time event and like Archie Bunker says a once in a life time event only happens 3 or 4 times in a person`s life time.

[quote author="drozenski you can't get much better then that, nice score. If I was closer you wOOd have two splitters sitting in the backyard reducing the pile down to splits.

Zap

Have you considered taking part of that $250 and possibly supplying a snack and a cool beverage for the guys? That is a fantastic score! Congratulations.

How's that sound barrier for the traffic work ? Fairly effective ?

Really surprised he's not charging you $50.00, though.

Course, if you were in my town, that would be hush money, because the guy could lose his authorization to work in town. ( for not dumping at the town stump grinder or disposing of the " waste material" with a town authorized " handler". )

Backwoods Savage said:
Have you considered taking part of that $250 and possibly supplying a snack and a cool beverage for the guys? That is a fantastic score! Congratulations.

Already did, Brought out a 12 pack for the guys and a slice of pizza each as that's what i was having that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.