Can anyone please help in identifying this Jøtul?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ISimion

Apr 18, 2024
Sibiu
Hi, I have this beautiful Jøtul (see pictures attached).

However, all I can identify written on it are its place of fabrication (Norway), the serial number KAT NR 101856, the model I think is PEIS I8 DEL 22, and what I think to be the fabrication date 12-8-85.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Also, I would like to know what is worth since I do not plan to continue using it. It does not have any cracks.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

Looks similar to the P-18 TD that was posted a month ago.

Looks similar to the P-18 TD that was posted a month ago.
Yes, it does! Thanks, I would still like an idea of how much is worth.

It would be best to check with local Romanian stove shops for value. It's about 40 yrs old. Parts could be very hard to find and the value may be low unless it is in excellent working condition. This unit is rare in the US.

It would be best to check with local Romanian stove shops for value. It's about 40 yrs old. Parts could be very hard to find and the value may be low unless it is in excellent working condition. This unit is rare in the US.
I did a test before dismantling it, and it works great. However, in Romania, I cannot find old models like this, that is why is hard to put a price tag on it. I can only find its more modern versions like I18 Harmony which here costs 3000 EUR. I do not know, my rough estimation would be anywhere between 500 and 1500 EUR, but I thought to ask for another opinion.

With this kind of insert, the value is in the eye of the beholder and timing. The trick will be finding someone looking for a classic like this.