Can anyone provide feedback on Lopi Rockport, Pros, Cons?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Northof49th

Aug 11, 2023
Alberta
For my first wood stove, I'd like to go with a BK, but can get a pretty good deal on a Lopi Rockport. Can anyone provide feedback on the Rockport? (The stove would be placed in the basement where it will be in a space of approx. 800sq ft. I will spend a lot of time there and want the stove to heat a good portion of the house as well. The BK appeals to me since I like the fact that it can burn low and slow and I feel like I can control the heat better since I don't want to overcook myself while I'm in the basement. )

From your last sentence, then go with the BK. I think they had some issues with the Rockport, or maybe it was the Cape Cod. At any rate, you’ll have more control of the heat with the BK…especially while you’re in the room with the stove.

Reactions: Northof49th
That was with the first Cape Cod bought by webby3650 IIRC.