can I install and englander 13 nc as an insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dantree

Sep 7, 2012
Southeast Michigan
I found one on craigslist and the seller also has an nc 30 installed without the legs as an insert. Has anyone tried this? His is an older model from 2004.

Thanks guys,
Dan

I found one on craigslist and the seller also has an nc 30 installed without the legs as an insert. Has anyone tried this? His is an older model from 2004.

Thanks guys,
Dan

First thing I'd do is look at the install manual to see if the manufacturer approves this type of use...

If it will fit in your fireplace and your fireplace is built to have fires and its not one of those prefab fireplaces as those have certain issue then I dont think its an issue.

You will need to have a 6" Chimney liner that can hook directly to the stove's outlet which takes a 6" pipe.

I have seen people do it and it works.

Its hard to get the heat out from the stove but one guy said he sets a fan to blow air towards the stove thats basically a free standing sitting back into the fireplace opening. The air then circulates into the fireplace opening and gets bounced back out into the room.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/general-questions-about-brands.80541/#post-1028290

Status
Not open for further replies.