can someone help out a newbie?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Dub

Dec 7, 2007
Upstate NY
greetings all...i recently moved into a house that has a coal burner (http://www.keystoker.com/radiantstove.html, the blue one in the upper right corner) as its main source of heat. my problem is after i get it lit, it burns the coal on the tray (rice coal, anthractice), and then extinguishes itself. could this be a problem with the auto feeder? if any of you experienced guys has any suggestions, please let me know, as i am new to coal burners. thank you for reading!

so i figured out that the feeder wasn't advancing enough coal, resolved that issue, and still couldn't get it to light... the chimney wasn't drafting properly, so after i used a hairdryer and lit some newspaper i was good to go. shes cooking now. thanks ALOT to everyone that posted to help me...............

I'm glad that you figured out your problem. Don't be offended that no one posted, it's likely no one that looked knew the answer, your question was fairly model specific, and likely would have required another owner or dealer to answer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.