Can't find parts.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hpycampr

Dec 1, 2016
Minnesota
I have owned a Golden Grain Corn Stove Model 1101 for the past 6 years. It has been a great stove and have never had any problems with it until this year. After doing a good cleaning I started the stove and the auger wasn't turning. My son was able to find the part to fix that on ebay, so now that is working. But now the room blower will not come on. We have been trying to find a Room Blower thermal switch and haven't had any luck. Does anybody ave any idea where I can find one? I have all my corn and pellets stocked up, it's supposed to get cold next week and I really would like my dependable heating source back up and running. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Give us a picture of the part. Lot of stoves use the same parts and I would bet that your part is a snap switch, probably around 130F or so. Might well be able to go to a local stove dealer and get the part. Grainger has several stores around MN so that is another source. Just bring in the part.
Welcome

Reactions: Mt Bob
I wouldn't let a faulty snap cap keep you from using stove. Jump across the two leads to keep blower running while you search for a replacement part. It looks like a flush mount snap cap per my picture.

In the manual it's a 110F device (item ETH0001). Do a internet search for the part marked on it, bet you find something easily.

Attachments

• Can't find parts.
    1480605519349.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 284
Problem I see with a simple jump is that they are using it as a safety if that is the one I see in the picture on the exhaust fan.

Right or wrong, if folks are isolating are parts, i just assume things are done safely. My advice should always include a disclaimer (take with a grain of salt).

Attachments

• Can't find parts.
    1480613264383.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 299
Reactions: Mt Bob
Grainger does handle snap disks. I got one to control a fan on a solar panel. If I knew better the area where the OP was from I could probably tell them of a stove supplier.

Went looking ... Wisdom Industries now makes fiberglass amusement park rides!!! http://www.wisdomrides.com/ Guess the corn stoves didn't sell well...

Checked to see if IP (only moderators get access to those hpycmpr) gave a clue but wireless.

The price of corn went to over $7/bu and killed the corn stove market. If the Bixby had not the ability to have gone with pellets it would not have been in the house. Corn right now is about $100US per ton. Great blending for the Harman so makes its fuel about $150/T

Reactions: Lake Girl
Thanks everyone! We checked Graingers website, but didn't fine what we needed. We did find one at mccombssupply.com. Just ordered it with priority shipping to get this thing running before the really cold weather hits.

Thanks everyone! We checked Graingers website, but didn't fine what we needed. We did find one at mccombssupply.com. Just ordered it with priority shipping to get this thing running before the really cold weather hits.
For future info,you can always buy an adjustable thermostatic snap switch,will do the same job.

Likely could have gotten one from a local stove shop as they are fairly common on pellet and multi-fuel stoves. Glad you got one on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.