Can't wait to try this out! (Lil' Badfish update)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 3, 2007
A while back Fossil had asked how Lil' Badfish was doing and I never got around to responding. She is doing GREAT! After many follow up visits with the surgeon and other docs it's been determined that the remaining lobes of her right lung are filling in nicely. We have one last hurdle though-a CT scan at the end of June-that will tell us once and for all if the whole mass is gone (the surgeon is confident that it is), so we are cautiously optimistic, but are hoping that this is all really behind us now. She is a perfectly happy and healthy 5 month old and aside from some developmental lag (she's not rolling over and doing other things yet because the time in the hospital slowed her down a bit), she is doing wonderfully. Thanks again to all the thoughts and prayers from the hearth.com crew. Anyway, now that we know she's doing well and the furnace is going dormant for the year it's time to starting thinking about hiking! My neighbor is letting me borrow his Kelty Kid Carrier because his son is too big for it now and they don't have any younger kids yet. My daughter is almost big enough for it and should be ready to go once we start hiking again in April. You can hike all day in one of these things in total comfort because it's a full suspension backpack-now she can go anywhere I can go Hopefully this will be the start of a lifelong love of the outdoors:

IMG_1550.jpg

Great to hear BadFish we all hope and pray for the little one! In about 12 years we will be praying for you as she goes thru her teen years! :lol: My baby turned 22yrs. old in Feb. but she is still my baby!

Gary

Hope to keep hearing good news on the progress.

I have the same backpack. Oldest has outgrown it so #2 is riding in it now. Love the thing. Stroller is like brand new since it hasn't seen much mileage the kids liked the backpack so much. Who wouldn't like that view!

pen

That's all wonderful news and a terrific pic. Good, Bad! :lol: Rick

ETA: Thanks for the update!

Wonderful news. Thanks for the update.

Hey badfish Im new but I want to tell you your little princess is cute as a button, and glad she is doing well. God Bless and Take care

Great news Badfish.....she is soooo cute! :)
You would never guess by looking at her....that she went through such a tough 5 months.
Love the backpack thingy...

Fantastic news Badfish . . . thanks for sharing . . . and she is a cutey . . . takes after her mother and not you? Hehheh. ;)

Great news Badfish740.

Zap

Awesome !!! She's a cutie!!

Sending some Dixie & Matisse snuffles her way, just because :)

Looks like a keeper to me! Congratulations and thanks for the update.

Great news! She's beautiful. I used to lug my little guy around all kinds of places-even backpacking in Maine.

Status
Not open for further replies.