Carb kit help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
I'm having a heck of a time finding the carb kit for my push mower. It's a B&S 6.5 intek. The carb has printed on the side 214661, which pops up in all sorts of google links. I can't find the stupid rebuild kit though, even after I click on the google links.

Please help, my grass is getting taller;)

So you are telling me that I need the engine model number and can't look up by the carb number? Weak!

Ok, gimme a minute to find it. That's the place that I buy carbs kits from, BTW. Have had good luck with them.

Thought my jd needed rebuild. After tearing it down behind the float valve there was a bunch of crap there. QUICK shot of carb cleaner good as new.

I tried cleaning what I could, it didn't look too bad actually, but still no go. It also needs a new primer bulb. I found what I need on JSE and just need to place the order.

Reactions: smokinj
I tried cleaning what I could, it didn't look too bad actually, but still no go. It also needs a new primer bulb. I found what I need on JSE and just need to place the order.

Whats it doing or not doing?

getting like NO fuel. When I put it away last fall it would start ok and then in a second or two start to die. If I was fast and moved down to the primer I could just pump that indefinitely to keep it running. Now I can't even get the primer to start it. A good shot of Starting fluid will make it sputter until it uses all of that.

getting like NO fuel. When I put it away last fall it would start ok and then in a second or two start to die. If I was fast and moved down to the primer I could just pump that indefinitely to keep it running. Now I can't even get the primer to start it. A good shot of Starting fluid will make it sputter until it uses all of that.

Floats stuck. Pull everything out of there rubber most important to take out....Spray straight up through the fuel comes from,. You should find some small degree. Check your air filter to must the time when this happens the air filter will have a lot of small crap in it.

it looked good when I had it apart, but I can always try again if it saves me a couple of bucks.

it looked good when I had it apart, but I can always try again if it saves me a couple of bucks.

Just an fyi I broke mine down 2x's on Sunday and nothing. Went back in Tuesday on my day off. PaPow when I hit it with the carb cleaner this time I could see the crap coming out. If it will run on starting fluid its going to be in the float somewhere.

Before you told me to give it a try, I had the thing already in the dishwasher. Got home from lunch and it was all clean and ready to go. Put it on and the thing fired right up.

Now, it's doing that thing where it can't hold the RPMs steady. runs, though.

Before you told me to give it a try, I had the thing already in the dishwasher. Got home from lunch and it was all clean and ready to go. Put it on and the thing fired right up.

Now, it's doing that thing where it can't hold the RPMs steady. runs, though.

Is it under a load?

well, not a heavy load, just pushing through some grass. I got it off of a self-propelled push mower that went bad, do you think that's part of the problem, not enough load?

well, not a heavy load, just pushing through some grass. I got it off of a self-propelled push mower that went bad, do you think that's part of the problem, not enough load?

Yep, I bet if you got some really thick grass it will lean right up! My rototiller is kind of like that.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.