Careful out there with new stove manufacturers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
I've noticed in the last few weeks there are new stove brands out there. Some might be pushing inferior stoves or not "proven" quality . There are ample supplies of pellets for the most part but because of newspapers kinda pushin' fear into communities , greed seems to have come into the picture with a few dealers that are also selling pellets . Making them a huge profit . After being in sales & marketing for a big company, i can spot 'em like neon signs . Good luck out there . Muss

muss said:
I've noticed in the last few weeks there are new stove brands out there. Some might be pushing inferior stoves or not "proven" quality . There are ample supplies of pellets for the most part but because of newspapers kinda pushin' fear into communities , greed seems to have come into the picture with a few dealers that are also selling pellets . Making them a huge profit . After being in sales & marketing for a big company, i can spot 'em like neon signs . Good luck out there . Muss

What new brands are these?

EEEK! And me bets they mostly speak Chinese, Remember the cat food..................and the lead paint, over and over and over. Next thing we will have them contracting out to build us some new nuclear reactors.

Status
Not open for further replies.