Cedar trees

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StackedLumber

Oct 28, 2009
Michigan
I've got about 15 healthy cedar trees that are roughly 6-10 ft tall. Someone told me that I should try to sell them . . . does anyone know if nurseries or landscape businesses buy young maturing trees from people or who I should try to get a hold of to see if someone would be interested in them. Also, if they are sellable, what should I expect them to sell for.

Like most any thing housing related, prices for trees are down right now.Those trees are plenty small enough to continue growing during the remainder of this recession. If you must dispose of them, the two primary, and generaly related markets are, tree farms and tree moving companies. Like I already said though, demand is way down right now.

Hi -

I'd wait until housing market kicks up again to get a decent price.

Several years ago the wife of a friend was upset that a lot across the street was to be cleared of a couple dozen mixed hardwood trees. She callled the owner and was able to get the cutting postponed a couple days. She paid a couple guys with a tree moving rig for the day and moved more than a dozen trees. IIRC she moved 18 and los 4 or 5. Some were 6" diameter.

ATB,
Mike

Just had a mulch dealer ask me yesterday if I knew where he could get some cedar. His facility is around Mio. I'm not sure what he would be paying, but it wouldn't be lumber-type prices.

Uper said:
Just had a mulch dealer ask me yesterday if I knew where he could get some cedar. His facility is around Mio. I'm not sure what he would be paying, but it wouldn't be lumber-type prices.

do you have his/their info?? PM me if you do, would like to call them

Status
Not open for further replies.