Chainsaw Boots

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fabsroman

Minister of Fire
Jun 1, 2011
West Friendship, Maryland
Well, I am in the market for a pair of chainsaw boots. I know Stihl makes a pair for around $250, but was wondering what other manufacturers make a good chainsaw boot with steel toes and possibly kevlar fibers in them? Recomendations and experiences welcome.

Reactions: smokinj
I like the Vibram Tacoma sole on my steel toed Carharrts,its their most aggressive style for extra traction.I have an older pair of Carolinas with about 50% of tread left,I drove in some 1/2" hex head self tapping screws for help walking on the ice,steep muddy slopes & the few times I climb now.

I wear the rubber boot style. Mine are probably close to 15 years old now and pretty well shot. Seams are tearing, soles worn. They are BeeJay brand (lol, seriously). Next pair will likely be lace up if I can find some for the extra support and ease of putting on and taking off. All thats on the shelf locally are the rubber boot style so Im not sure where I'll be able to find some.

You never know what you'll find in Frenchies!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.