Champion wood splitters?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I should have done a search first.

The one I saw advertised is specd as a 20 ton, not 22 - and it has the same paint job/graphics as Champion generators (yellow). Not sure it's the same one?

But either way, from further reading, I don't think I'm quite as interested today as I was yesterday. I
ll just keep on keeping my eyes peeled.

My buddy and I use a Champion 17 ton that we bought ~4 years ago and it's used tp split about 8 cords/yr X 4 yrs plus an extra 8 the first year. Other than changing oil, cleaning the carb it's been a great splitter. It just developed a very small leak in one of the seals, which hopefully will be a quick repair. We paid $800 for it at TSC on sale.

Would I buy it again - yeah think so for the same price. If I was going to be spedning more money and there was something like a huskee or other top tier brand for the same money, I'd buy the better brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.