Cheap stove blower(?)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
I found this item, a blower for a Drolet, that appears to be fairly standard in size. This blower has a variable speed knob on the side of the blower. Could this variable speed be somehow be adapted to be off the blower? I am planning on a hearth mounted stove and just can't picture myself reaching around the stove to set the blower speed.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200316351_200316351

Shari

I have a small metal electric fan that I sit on my stovetop and angle it downward to blow the air directly onto and across the stove top. This works far better than any OEM blower I've seen on any of the stoves I've looked at in the stove shops, I can choose which direction I want the air to move, it doesn't require me to reach behind the stove, and the install was a really simple "placing" motion.

Plus, a "cheap" blower goes for what? 60 bucks? Erm... Just saw the one on that page 129... plus shipping. My blower was 6.99 and has FAR higher CFM than the 250.00 one Quad sells for my stove.

Being that you live in Wisconsin, you may want to visit your
nearest Fleet Farm. They carry a multitude of misc. woodstove fans
that can be made to custom fit on your stove's rear heat shield.
Most are less than $75.

Rob From Wisconsin said:
Being that you live in Wisconsin, you may want to visit your
nearest Fleet Farm. They carry a multitude of misc. woodstove fans
that can be made to custom fit on your stove's rear heat shield.
Most are less than $75.

Ah, Farm & Fleet - one of my favorite stores! (We have Farm & Fleet, other areas of Wisconsin have Fleet Farm - same thing.) Thanks for the tip.

Shari

Status
Not open for further replies.