Check it Out - Stoves with Remote Control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tutu_sue

Jan 21, 2006
Northern NJ
A Danish company has an optional remote control system for their stoves. Adjusts damper, high and low temp alerts. Not that it's for me, but it's still pretty neat. I kinda like the idea of the high/low temp alerts, since our stove is downstairs...

http://www.jydepejsen.com/web/uk/

You can download the PDF catalog (5MB) for more info on page 27: http://www.jydepejsen.com/web/uk/pdf/brochure_05_06/JP_Engelsk_Svensk_samlet.pdf

They have applied for EPA certification of their stoves. Looks like one dealer in US so far. Rais Wittus in NY.

I've never seen such a broad product line.

Attachments

• dublicair.jpg
    dublicair.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 427
My dealer I bought my insert from in Colorado sells one that looks like the trend line. It's the only one he said he can sell but plans on selling the full line. He can't keep them in stock and constantly tells people they can't buy the floor model..... Remote control and thermostat! pretty high tech stoves. This was last fall, but he said he was one of the few people selling them in the states.

Let me tell you they have over 20 models and they are all really beautifully designed, they look gorgeous. I really like that you can get a lot with soapstone surround, some with ovens. And their wood inserts are really cool looking too. They look like plasma tvs. In the EU, they call the inserts wood cassettes. There's a dealer in NY that sells them. We may have to take a Sunday drive there and check them out.

Sure, why not? After you're done with all that work and you're stinky, you can bring the remote into the bathroom with you, so you don't have to worry about the moving the air damper while you're in the shower.

If you saw one of these you would drool.... The hearth shop I was speaking of had their floor model at a renewable resource fair. Everyone that stopped and looked at it went ooh and ahhh and would have hugged the thing if it wear'nt set ablaze. especialy when they learned that it had a thermostat and remote control.

you think I can find one used, that needs rebuilding cpeap? only way I could afford one.

I'd like to request whats on page three followed by whats on page one on a cold Winters night

Yeah, there's nothing like a nice cup of tea in front of the fire. ;)

I'm sure in 5 years or so you can pick one up used and in decent shape. You always get those people who just can't figure it out how it works and want to get rid of it.

When we take our Sunday drive to the dealer, I'll let you know how much $$$ we're talking about. I'm hoping they're having good deals for their US introduction.

I see they're lined with vermiculite. Do you know of any concerns with vermiculite?

Vermiculite is VERY high temp. Not a problem. Google it, first result is a huge page full of info. One potential problem is that some vermiculite is tainted with some asbestos.

Is vermiculite used for plants? I think my dad used to start veggie seeds in it.

That vermiculite lining is a product called schmol.(pronucned ska-mole) Its vermiculite based and is very reflective. Its a great liner except that its somewhat fragile. Rias uses them in there stoves, and BTW Rais Wittus in New York is just Wittus now.

Status
Not open for further replies.