Check out my stack (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heffergm

Hearth Supporter
Nov 24, 2009
South Shore, MA
So, what's the verdict? I'm curious as to what folks have to say about the condition before I extrapolate on the setup and wood. This is the very top of the stack by the way.

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 580
Mine isn't that clean after I brush it. :bug:

DOH! Nevermind... I get it. It's the inside of a flue.

How much wood have you put through?

So this is the top of my single wall stainless flex liner that runs at a rough estimate 15 feet through a masonry chimney that is partially indoors.

I've put about a cord through it. I'm now out of dry wood, so I was thinking
of just parking the stove until next season. The last marginal load I put in the stove turned into a smoke bomb, nasty glass... Just not worth it.

In this case you're doing better than most!

heffergm said:
I'm now out of dry wood, so I was thinking
of just parking the stove until next season. The last marginal load I put in the stove turned into a smoke bomb, nasty glass... Just not worth it.
IKWYM. Sorry to hear you ran out of good wood but glad that you have an alternative heat source and so not forced to burn wood before its time.

Status
Not open for further replies.