Chimney cap

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
South Jersey
Installed a "Roman Helmet" cap today. No more downdraft into the Tile Fire.

Attachments

• Roman.jpg
    Roman.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 251
Hmm, never saw that type B4.

Hope it works for ya.

I guess it MUST be installed correctly in regards to the prevailing wind. If a breeze happens to comes in the opposite direction though I would think the helmet may make things worse. I don't know, just guessing. Who sells them?

Keep it clean or it wont turn. I have never run into that brand but i have worked on others and yeah they work well till they get some buildup on them

It may need cleaned more often than that depending on your burning practices.
I have taken that in consideration, thanks for the tip. I was planning to check it frequently. Talking to people who use this for a longer time, with similar wood and burning frequency, it lasts for a very long time with minimum maintenance.

Good like i said i have never worked with that brand but the ones we have seen are a bit of a maintenance problem. But that company may have done it better keep posting with further info

Status
Not open for further replies.