Chimney liner help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JoeCt

Sep 11, 2009
Central Ct
I want to install my nc-30 in a fireplace opening. I need a 6" liner by about 20' in length. Just wondering opinions on different brands. Thinking pre insulated for ease of install. Has anyone used the foreverflex hybrid liner? Thanks in advance.

What is the chimney flue opening dimension? Most 6" liners are 6.25" on the outside, a Pre-insulated liner will be about 7.25" and if you insulate one yourself it could be around 7.75" on the OD. You will find the Hybrid Liner a good liner for the home owner to install, lighter weight than the Heavy Flex, which is a great liner that will last for ever. Your best bet is to probably cut out the damper area to give you more access to get the liner through.

Just wondering opinions on different brands. Thinking pre insulated for ease of install. Has anyone used the foreverflex hybrid liner? Thanks in advance.
Hybrid is a good liner it is a step up from the regular light wall forever flex and armor flex is a step up from the hybrid. Light wall will work ok but it is very thin we dont use it for wood stoves we only use mid weight like the hybrid or heavy wall like armor flex.