Chimney Liner/Tarm 502

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dkeyser

Jul 16, 2011
Central Maine
Hi,
I have a Tarm 502 wood boiler that is connected to my existing 8x8 clay tile lined chimney (25' tall). I recently noticed one of the clay tiles had failed so i need to repair/replace. I am considering an SS chimney liner, but have a few questions. Based on the owners manual for the boiler it should have an 8x8 chimney 20' tall, but the outlet on the boiler is only 6". Based on what i read it seems like installing a 6" liner down the clay tile should be acceptable, is that correct? Or do i need to break out the clay and put in an 8" liner? Also how do you clean the liners easily? Right now i can open my clean out door and push clean the chimney from the basement using a brush, but once the liner is installed wouldn't it stop at the Tee? If so how do you clean it out as my thimble goes in about 5 feet above the clean out and i wouldn't be able to reach the bottom of the thimble.

Status
Not open for further replies.