Chimney liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JohnWW

Jul 8, 2019
My chimney measures 10" ID. Would a 10" OD liner be the correct choice, or would a narrower one suffice/be preferable. I have not yet purchased my stove - should I base it on the stove size?

My chimney measures 10" ID. Would a 10" OD liner be the correct choice, or would a narrower one suffice/be preferable. I have not yet purchased my stove - should I base it on the stove size?
You need to match the liner to the stove. It will probably be 6". What type of chimney is this

You need to match the liner to the stove. It will probably be 6". What type of chimney is this
Not sure. The house is a 1947. Fireplace is metal, but cut open at back for some reason. Planning on removing the metal and putting in an insert. Does that diameter refer to ID or OD?

Not sure. The house is a 1947. Fireplace is metal, but cut open at back for some reason. Planning on removing the metal and putting in an insert. Does that diameter refer to ID or OD?
Is the chimney metal or clay lined?