Classic Bay 1200 control box red/green lights not working along with the stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billyotbay

Hearth Supporter
Oct 18, 2009
My Classic Bay 1200 , 8 years old, the red and green lights on the control box do not come on when the stove is turned on.
The junction box red light will come on, the heating element will get hot, but the fan and the feed motor, will not start.
Possible solution?

Check the vacuum switch. Its located on the inside back wall of stove. Disconnect it from the switch and blow in the tube from that end (blowing into stove, to clear fines from hose barb on other end)

When was the last time that hose end was cleaned? Also the stove cleaned? And all gaskets checked? (Dollar bill test - Open door, slide dollar in, and see if it pulls out easily - if so, you have a leaky gasket.)

DexterDay said:
Check the vacuum switch. Its located on the inside back wall of stove. Disconnect it from the switch and blow in the tube from that end (blowing into stove, to clear fines from hose barb on other end)

When was the last time that hose end was cleaned? Also the stove cleaned? And all gaskets checked? (Dollar bill test - Open door, slide dollar in, and see if it pulls out easily - if so, you have a leaky gasket.)

Just be careful when pulling the hose off of the barbed connector on the switch. It is very easy to rip the hose at the connector.

Yes, I'm speaking from experience :-(.

There's not a lot of slack in that hose either. If I had broken it just a 1/4 or 1/2 further back, I would have been making a run to the hardware store (where I'm sure I could fine a rubber hose for less than the stove dealer would have charged for an OEM rubber hose).

Thank you. I'll try your suggestion.
I cleaned the stove at the end of last winter and had it serviced in July 2011. This past Saturday was the first time I have fired it up since it was serviced.
It ran for about 12 hours on and off using the thermostat and when I came home Saturday night I noticed the temperature was lower than the thermostat reading.I would not start after that..

does sound like a vacuum issue. Dirty venting and start there.

Eric

Just a point of education. The red and green lights in the control box indicate that the thermocouple that is sticking out into the firepot is at certain temperatures. Without a flame, those lights would not be expected to be on. On my stoves, the green one comes on at 200 degrees to tell the stove to start feeding pellets. The red one comes on at 600 degrees.

OK, If the exhaust fan is not coming on then it won't make vacuum and won't feed. You need to test and see if power is going to the Exhaust fan. If it is then the fan is bad (812-3381) if no power is going to the fan then it is likely the control box (srv7000-205) both parts are on ebay.

what fan is not coming on?

put direct power to the exhuast blower and see if it will run it wont change the blower if it does it is most likely the control box

The room blower never comes on until the stove reaches temperature. If the exhaust fan does not come on (but the ignitor does) the only things it can be are control box, exhaust fan or wiring. Either check to see it has power to the fan or direct connect power to the fan. Either way will tell you what is wrong.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.