Classic Bay 1200 help - blower fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JGroUSMC

Dec 1, 2015
Slatington, PA
So I took my Classic Bay 1200 out to the garage and did a deep cleaning this fall. I also replaced the window and door gaskets. The first issue I had when I plugged everything back together was it was not dropping pellets. A close look at the thermocouple and I noticed a wire was broken. I just replaced the thermocouple and boom....fire. The issue I have now is, the auger turns, pellets fall, fire starts and then, nothing. The fire burns hot, but the blower does not. The exhaust fan is running though. I can hear the stove start to creek from the heat so I know it’s getting hot, but no blower.

I checked and cleaned the vacuum hose and it’s good. Does anyone have any ideas? Snap disk? Thank you.

Are all the connections good? #1 snap disc controls the convection blower so check that its clean and good contact to the frame. You can check its operation with a multimeter and a bic lighter.