Classic Bay 1200 Won't Light - Help???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gman12 said:
Ok, I'll try. It's when I first turn the stove on that I hear the fan or blower. Doesn't do anything with the thermostat when I turn it up or down. Then the stove just shuts off after a while I had been pressing the reset again. Where exactly do I wrap those wires in the back of stove I cut off of the thermostat wire? I did have them hooked into the middle ones. Can I turn on the stove and keep control box cover off to look at lights and patterns?

Plug the stove in and leave it plugged in. Everytime you re-plug the stove in. The combustion blower runs a cycle. The stove IS NOT trying to start. This is something the stove does. Its in the programming. So plug it in and let the blower shut off. Once it has shut off (after 18-20 min)

Now. Take your thermostat off. Remove the wires from the terminal blocks. Cut a 3-5 inch piece off of one of those wires. Take this little piece of wire and strip both ends. Now connect the ends to the terminal blocks (no thermostsat / throw it in your closet for now/ lol)..

Once the wires are attached. If nothing is wrong with the stove itself. The red call light will come on. Do all of this and report back.

DEX....You're the Man!!!! I cut the wire and connected a 4-5" piece on back (without thermostat) after letting stove shut down. As soon as I put that wire on....stove started back up and red light is now on. What do I do now? Thanks again for getting me this far.

Gman12 said:
DEX....You're the Man!!!! I cut the wire and connected a 4-5" piece on back (without thermostat) after letting stove shut down. As soon as I put that wire on....stove started back up and red light is now on. What do I do now? Thanks again for getting me this far.

Turn the stove off and test the full length of the thermostat wire.

Press the reset button until pellets start to drop. Once they start to drop. Hit it one last time and the stove will do the rest. .

Remember. Hit the reset. Wait 30 sec to a minute. Hit reset. Wait 30 sec to a minute. Once you see pellets drop. Hit the reset button one last time. Your auger is now primed and stove is ready for the start up sequence.

Also. Make sure your feed plate in the hopper is wide open for your 1st fird. Once the flame is good and established (10-15 min) then adjust the plate down 1/4" at a time. Do this and wait 10-15 min before making another adjustment. The flame hieght on High should be 4" above the top of the burn pot.

Gotta run to walmart real quick. I'll try that as soon as I get back and update you. Prolly will be about an hour or so. Thanks again. You've been a great help so far!!!!

I really. Really. REALLY ...... Recommend downloading and reading the manual. At least twice front to back before you install and use this stove on a daily basis. Having a better understanding of how, what, why, and when it does things is crucial to your safety and the longevity of the unit.

DexterDay said:
I really. Really. REALLY ...... Recommend downloading and reading the manual. At least twice front to back before you install and use this stove on a daily basis. Having a better understanding of how, what, why, and when it does things is crucial to your safety and the longevity of the unit.

X100 !!!!!! :cheese:

We've also seen on here where people ran their thermostat wire under the carpet in front of a doorway. From repeatedly stepping on the wire, it finally breaks. That's why Smokey said to check the wire.

Could have sworn I asked to have that jumper wire early on. %-P I put too many steps in each post, me thinks. Oh well, it got fixed! That's the point of the exercise.

tjnamtiw said:
DexterDay said:

X100 !!!!!! :cheese:

We've also seen on here where people ran their thermostat wire under the carpet in front of a doorway. From repeatedly stepping on the wire, it finally breaks. That's why Smokey said to check the wire.

Could have sworn I asked to have that jumper wire early on. %-P I put too many steps in each post, me thinks. Oh well, it got fixed! That's the point of the exercise.

Nope.. You called it early on.. Credit is given where its deserved. Good call

Auger is moving great now! Pellets are dropping fine now! Blower Working and have a nice fire going now! Thank you both for helping me. I so appreciate it! Another Success for the Hearth.com support team.

Glad we could help. Just be sure to read the manual.... PM me your email and I can send you the Owners and Service manual.. If you would like it. Wont be till later. As they are on my home PC. But will do it. A quick Google search will work also.

I'll send you a PM with my email DEX. Thanks. Someone also said Quadra Fire had a dvd that came with the stove. Do you know what it was called or where I can get it?

Once in a while it REALLY is something simple! I never got a DVD with either of mine.

I got one. Really nothing special. Read the manual and you will get the same out of it. Just shows you basic things... Dont know where I even put mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.