Clean diesel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the clarification....what functions of the EPA have outlived their usefulness?

Reactions: hoverwheel
When was the last time a river caught on fire? Didn't the epa cause the last big river kill?

If conditions back when the epa was created were as good as they are now I doubt we would have an epa. I think that's what hoverwheel is saying. The job is done. It will never be perfect.

Reactions: hoverwheel
Last I checked the topic was clean diesel.

When was the last time a river caught on fire? Didn't the epa cause the last big river kill?

Im going to assume you are referring to the Animas River Spill. Its true a mistake by the EPA attempting to clean up the waste leaked it into the River. However whats left out in all the disinformation spread about this incident is that EPA did not create the waste - a mining company that went out of business decades ago before did. EPA is just try to clean up their mess. Maybe if we funded them better they might do a better job ?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/12/opinions/pagel-animas-river-pollution/

If conditions back when the epa was created were as good as they are now I doubt we would have an epa. I think that's what hoverwheel is saying. The job is done. It will never be perfect.

On the topic of environmental lead, particulates, VOC,etc I'd tend to agree - we are into the realm of diminishing returns. However on climate change we are a long way off from even slowing down the damage, much less cleaning up. The ship is still sinking, just not as fast.

Reactions: vinny11950
Derailed_thread.jpg

Tulsa, OK, before the clean air act.
tulsa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.