cleaning a 5.5" liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OhioBurner©

Minister of Fire
Aug 20, 2010
Center of Ohio
Just put my liner on order and hope to do the instal in another week or two (flex king pro). Silly question but how do you clean a 5.5" liner? I dont see any 5.5" brushes... will a 6 work or will it be too tight? The soot eater thing had me thinking, but how flexable are they to get around a 90* tee? My stove will pass through a somewhat deep thimble into a 90* tee. I can access the roof easily enough and have always cleaned from above. Sooteater would probably work cleaned from above but seems like a waste and extra fiddling with a drill on the roof.

Good find Pen. 5.5" has been impossible to find before.

Another option, and what I use, is the softer brushes made for 6" pre-fab chimneys. They clean a 5.5", of which I have two, liners really well.

Note to self: Gotta get me that one Pen found.

Will be interesting to see how that 5.5 brush compares to the larger / softer brush.

pen

Cool thanks! The few places I checked didnt have any. The place I ordered my liner from suggested maybe I take a 6" and cut it down to size but that seems a bit tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.