Cleaning and cutting time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trey1979

Feeling the Heat
Sep 20, 2018
Mississippi
Its about time to clean the chimney this weekend. i have been on top of my wood this year i have 5 cords of pecan split and been drying for a few months .last 2 years i got my wood in the fall of that season. I hope everyone is doing good with The Corona virus going on and all..

Got 6 cords of mixed birch,pine and poplar.ready for upcoming winter.i usually burn 4 cords.new osburn 2300 ready to try out this winter as retired the enviro.

Last edited:
I am going to clean my chimney tomorrow, too.

All wood for the next two years is split and stacked in the shed. Just yesterday I cleaned both chimneys. Everything is ready. Usually we're done burning by July so I got it taken care of.

I will do a stove pipe cleaning in August. Kinda gets me primed for burning season and Fall temps. I have two years worth of post oak, hickory, white oak, bradford pear, red maple and even some sweetgum.

All wood for the next two years is split and stacked in the shed. Just yesterday I cleaned both chimneys. Everything is ready. Usually we're done burning by July so I got it taken care of.
You burn in a 30nc right

Didn't clean the chimney today. Got sidetracked and hard to get motivated later doing something I don't need until October or early November. The fireplace will be there next week. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: kborndale
You burn in a 30nc right

I have a detached 1800 sf insulated shop with an nc30 in it for the last 7 years. I burn on weekends and some weekdays too. That nc30 with 10’ of single wall gets run hot!

In the house I have a blaze king that uses 80% of my fuel just loafing along on low.

Didn't clean the chimney today. Got sidetracked and hard to get motivated later doing something I don't need until October or early November. The fireplace will be there next week. :)

Plenty of time. This is an easily delayed job!

The time for me has past.. I cleaned my stove pipe in May when it was cooler.. Im sitting on 11 cord CSS and that was completed in February.. I went on the scrounge from February to the beginning of June when it was cooler, I've got about 5 cord log lenth. Its just waaayyyy to hot right now to be processing, yesterday was 95 and humid with nothing but 90s in the forecast. For me... summers for drying and not processing. Ill be working in the garden and doing other projects..

Reactions: Gearhead660
One chimney cleaned, one removed for replacement of liner and stove, one left to clean. Got next 3 years css. Working on 23-24 supply....only when cooler. Way too hot here for that. 90+ for next week.

Reactions: Highbeam