Cleaning Hearth and Brick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyf0614

Jul 17, 2007
I recently removed my old Insert Stove, to get ready for the new one that will be installed next Friday. I want to clean the hearth and any of the bricks prior to the new installation. Does anyone have any suggestions on cleaning it? Any particular cleaner that works better than others? I'm open for suggestions! Thanks!

When we clean the hearth, we just get out an old scrub brush and a bucket with some good cleaner, Mr. Clean, etc. and have at it. We get the soap/water off soaking with a big sponge and then rinse with clear water and get that off the same way. It comes out pretty nice. If you have any stains, use whatever will be a solvent for that type of stain, but just in the area where the stain is.
Oh Yea, don't ever mix bleach or cleanser with any other type of cleaner....

Status
Not open for further replies.