C'mon down to Rehoboth, MA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smwilliamson

The Stove Guy
Hearth Supporter
So, all week I have been setting up my booth for the local fair. Looks nice and it was a lot of fun. I'll post some pics this afternoon after I get back from Boston. The fair is Thursday night through Sunday night. In my booth I will be burning the Regency GF55 with Spruce Pointe pellets. If Tony from Inferno gets his act together, I'll have a ton of those in my tent too to raffle off.

For anyone local, AR Materials has Spruce Point softwoods for $289 per 1.25 ton delivered, but only if you order this weekend. This is a very good Alberta softwood pellet.

I tried like heck to get the solar panels up so I could run the stove and the tent lights without fair power but my inverter finally overheated. It was under sized (it came from a sump pump back-up) and I just cannot sink in the cash today to go get another one. Maybe if I sell a stove or two I can justify it.

Look for posts in the coming weeks about installing the solar back-up kit, I've been working on it all summer...almost done. If I could modify one of my stove to do domestic hot water I'd attempt an off grid winter.

Anyway, if you are local, come on down to the fair. Great LIITLE fair. The open circuit lawnmower racing is a blast to watch. There is LOTS of tractor pulling, a small midway and kereoke stage, kid rides and some great live stock. And best of all...ME! :lol: All in all, a very nice hometown fair.

Over and out till this afternoon with pics. After that I'll see you all Monday.

Can't make it down there....You coming to Marshfield Fair later this month with your booth???

We plan to be there for the tractor pulls and mud boggin. Will stop by and say hello.

Werm said:
Will try to make it in, at least to say hello/introduce. What size inverter did you burn up? Harbor Freight has a couple on sale now for short $ see below.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result/?category=&q=inverter

I had a no name inverter, 700 watts - 1100 peak, not sure who made it as all the writing was scraped off. It was a work horse...it was on the useful end of all of my solar experiments, but I finally fried it. I knew I would eventually. Yeah, I'm a bit skeptical of things from harbor freight, if no other reason, I think the Chinese put lead into everything. I bought a hand truck from them a couple years back and a buddy tested it with his RX Gun (he does lead removal work) and it was off the chart. I suppose thats why it has a huge sticker on it saying that "gloves are required to operate this appliance dolly."

I've been eying this:
41EX9UNocZL._SS500_.jpg

it's $764.00 but is also a 14.7v charge with a cut out over charge limiter. It get's good reviews.

Hope to see you this weekend.

For this price I would buy three and wear gloves!!

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 365
How was the turnout? Much foot traffic?

It rained something wicked at 530, just as it opened. There was really nobody...but that's opening night. There was also the issue of power failures...all of the other vendors with cheap ungrounded power cords kept tripping the generator. I'm bringing some heavy duty power cord today to try and alleviate this. There should be a great turnout today and this weekend with great weather.

I've got an extension made from #6/4 if you want to use it, you'll have 0 power loss and no issues (barring gen failure)

Got your pm, don't have an email for you. the name is Brian, I thought you could use it for the fair. I'm not positive when I'll be down so..... I'll just look for you.

I think the wife and I are coming tomorrow (Sunday) I'll look for the booth. I like the leaves!!

How was the fair? sorry I didn't make it , the kid is sick and we went nowhere all weekend! Was it worth your time?

Best of luck with Rochester, and I'm glad you made some $$ it's good to see a local bus. succeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.