consolidated dutchwest 2183 Help needed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chabotlee

Nov 16, 2008
Blue ridge, NC
I have a Dutchwest model 2183 and am looking for help with some maintenance and info. I've recently acquired the stove and am in the process of sealing seams, cleaning the catalytic combustor and getting ready to enjoy the heat. If anyone is familiar with this stove or could point me in the right direction for help I'd greatly appreciate it. It seems that the company that bought VC and Dutch west is not offering service or I've just not found out how to contact them yet.

Thanks for the link. So far no reply from MHSC company and so far the VC dealers I've spoken with don't have info for that stove and are very frustrated with the company that bought VC & CDW and their lack of service and support. If you have any suggestions for individuals who repair or would know about the Dutchwest 2183 please let me know. Again any help is greatly appreciated.

Seek and you will find. I've been in touch with the service dept @ http://www.mhsc.com/
I asked for a service manual and owners manual for my CDW 2183 stove and they sent both as a pdf attachment. The owners manual is very helpful but the service manual is Gold, it explains in detail with diagrams the stove and how to tear it apart and rebuild. The pdf file is to big for me to attach here. If anyone needs this manual which covers models 2181, 2183, 2184, 90-93
try contacting the service dept at the link above.

Chabotlee,

Glad to hear that you are pleased! The good folks at MHSC came through for you, and can also for other Vermont Castings and Dutchwest owners in the future.

Why send those two PDF files, so they can be posted on Hearth.com for other Dutchwest stove owners, to Craig the Webmaster, to see if he has an interest.

Thanks.

chabotlee said:
I just sent them to the web master and he will post on hearth wiki. Hopefully this will help all who own the CDW stoves.

Thanks! Very glad that they are useful to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.