convection blowers-enviro empress

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jezbo33

Feb 22, 2008
quincy, ma
I walked into a shop today to buy pellets. Shop had a Bosco spirt in the show room blowing heat clear across the room. My empress not so much. has anyone out there ever upgraded their convection blower and if so was it just the motor or the whole blower assembly

Sure you could increase the CFM's. But the higher cfm blower will cool the convection air more. It will seem its throwing less heat, But turn the air over in the home quicker.

You might be able to squeeze in the newer M55 cast blower. But I don't know for sure.

Noticed empress i just bought the blower is very weak compared to my whit, heck a hair dryer blow's more!!
Read that the insert has whitfield's style of blower and the FS has that long open back squirrel cage which i feel is WORTHLESS~!

Status
Not open for further replies.