Cross country skiing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
My little one finally has the endurance to go skiing. A couple times renting and she's addicted! We bought a set for her and are picking them up tomorrow! I was thrilled to find them. It seems like its the trendy sport of lockdown. Had to try3 places 1st, where I bought 2 sets of skis over the years, only sells bikes now. 2nd spot said, no xc skis, good luck,nobody has them. 3rd spot had 1 set left in the correct size.

Reactions: Nealm66
All the winter toys are or were in big demand before Christmas. Snowshoes were pretty well sold out. Things may have slowed up at least in my area as there was a long stretch of no snow and even now the snow pack is well below average.

Yeah, we had a rain storm that took 3 feet of snow down to 4". It just repaired that mess yesterday. I look out at the lakes and say nope to ice fishing. Lots of wet spots. I can normally get out last week of December. There are still unfrozen patches.