Damper adjustment screw VC 2550

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

31 bertram

Dec 19, 2012
Gulf Shores, Al.
Wondering if anyone has any experience with replacing "Damper Adjustment Screw and Nut VC Encore 2550. Thanks in advance.

Where is it located and why are you replacing it?

BrowningBAR....It's located in the center of the damper. It appears to be a set screw with locking nut. It does'nt have hardly any thread left and is used to ajust the damper tension against the gasket seal. It looks like I could unscrew it and replace but not for sure if something is on the other side of the damper. I can't tell on the diaghram if there's a nut on the back side. After years of partial neglection, am trying to restore this stove to good working order while I have the time and money. I've inspected the catylitic and looks good so far. Today I will try and remove backside fire brick and clean and inspect the refractory housing. So far I see slight deterioration around where the combuster sits but very minimal. Think I have lots of life still in the stove and the cast irons looks great what little bit of problems I've had from this stove has been my own fault. What I'm finding so far is the screws (threads) burning out after all the years of use. Thanks once again for your help.
Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.