Damper and saving some wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
See, I thought that was not allowed.
As in, if you are an inch over your minimum CTC, then adding 1.5" of something like rock (non combustible, but also low R value) on the wall, then you'd be 1/2" below minimum, because the rock could conduct heat to the combustible surface.
Masonry directly on the wall generally gives you no clearance to combustibles reduction but it's still clearance to combustibles

It's good to have some gap space behind the stove for natural convection and servicing. Also, will a blower be added? That can project out the back of the stove on some models and needs to be taken into account.

It's good to have some gap space behind the stove for natural convection and servicing. Also, will a blower be added? That can project out the back of the stove on some models and needs to be taken into account.
I finished all my burn ins and a few days ago set the stove to 650-700 abd got the shed up to 90 degrees. I know it was that cold outside but I don't think I'll need a fan or even a fresh air intake for this thing. Well see how it acts in the winter time but I think I should be good with this setup.

And I'm not even fully finished insulation the shed.