Dangerous Job

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Whew, disturbing! Wish I didn’t open that.

I saw this videos a few years back, I think at the time it was rumored that the guy didnt make it.

Holly crap😳😳
It almost does not make sense. Can this be a fake?

I Understand y the boys in the tree but it kinda got me wondering y he either A didnt try n climb up a bit further with some safety gear and try and take it chunk by chunk or B try to drop it as is towards the st

Ouch. Things can so easily go wrong when you're at the short end of a long lever. Hope he was okay.

It may have been posted on here before, I'm not sure. I was digging around trying to find where this happened, and what became of this man. The voices sound like Australia. I could not learn what became of the man, he landed head first on a log that was on the ground. Quite possibly he was killed.

I have done lots of chainsaw work, besides cutting firewood I have built 7 log cabins, primarily with the chain saw. I have cut down plenty of 95 foot trees.
But I ain't climbing a tree with that saw! Damn that is dangerous.

YouTube has plenty of compilations of tree cutting fails/injuries, it's pretty common because people don't realize what they're getting into and how much potential energy is stored in a tree that can fling you in just about any direction.