Darn it's hot..A nice fathers day weekend.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wg_bent

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Poughkeepsie, NY
I was out today in the yard pushing my son on his swing and split a few rounds of elm. Within 2 minutes I was dying. 90+ degrees here. A pile of rocks next to the pool felt like they were being cooked by a masonry heater. Splitting the 10+ cords of wood in the yard when it's under 40 degrees outside was the way to go. I think I'll stick to wood scrounging in the summer. split it in the fall. An unexpected cord of elm, ash, maple and oak came my way this weekend. Some elm rounds as large as 20" across. :)

Spent the weekend like this:

Scrounged a the cord of wood noted above, went to my 7 year son's first piano recital. He did awsome!!...very proud of him.

Daughter baked me a marble cheese cake. MMMMMMMMMM

Other son scored 2 goals against opposing team in travel soccer.

Finished off with a nice Moylan's Kilt Lifter Scotch ale and some Steak, shrimp, corn and of course the cheese cake with my family, and my parents. (Dad hated the Moylan's... he went for a Victory Hop devil)

I hope you all had a nice father's day!!!!

Uneventfull fathers day, but that's ok. Spent most of the weekend getting the pool ready. Watched a bit of the US open to see Phill and Monty melt down on the last hole. Split a little. Continued re working the front landscaping. My wife wants to re do areas that,
have grown out of control so some backhoe work ripping them up. the samo samo. And it was hot here 94

The wife and I were at the US Open!
Our first time spectating golf.
Very well organized.
It was hot! Got there at 10:00. Sapped our energy.
Left early, after seeing last pair on the 2nd.

I split a face cord and spent the rest of the weekend getting my neglected garden back into shape. Just in time, really. It was exactly what I wanted to spend the weekend doing.

I really enjoy working hard in this hot weather. Drink lots of water and push gallons of fluid through the old pores. Don't push too hard, but keep moving.

Cleaned up all the weeding in the garden and restacked a wood pile that fell down the night before. It was 90 out but not too humid. Kids called from Ohio and all is well. Wife let me order a new gas grill, too. All in all, a nice day.

Wish I could say it was a great one, well the weather was pretty nice. Stacked about 1/2 cord of rounds from my neighbor's tree in the morning. Shoveled dirt to level the crawlspace, then went out to mow. Got a call from my wife, very distressed, had been in an car accident. Fortunately no one hurt, but the new Prius is a mess. But cars can be fixed or replaced, people can't, so we're counting ourselves warned but lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.