Debating on two types of gas inserts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Doylew66

Oct 8, 2020
Wisconsin
We are looking to have a gas insert put in to our basic wood fireplace. We have two very similar quotes from two different companies, with two different gas inserts. The inserts by name are Enviro E30 and Kozy Heat Chaska 29. Couple things that might help with opinions. Our room seems to be a high humidity area, will either of these effect it in a worse way? Also, this will be going in a kids playroom, I know there are safety screens on all of these, but will there be hot areas that are not safe for kids still? With the lack of info and reviews, I feel like I am going into this decision blind. Thanks in advance!

If they are direct vent inserts then all of the combustion by products will be vented to the outside and should not add any moisture to the room. The front of the inserts and the wall directly above it does get extremely hot and can burn skin.

We are trying to decide between Lopi 430 and Enviro 32 EX gas insert. We can’t find any head to head reviews on the dependability of these products. If anyone can help with information/recent experience with these products, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

We are trying to decide between Lopi 430 and Enviro 32 EX gas insert. We can’t find any head to head reviews on the dependability of these products. If anyone can help with information/recent experience with these products, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Both of those use the SIT gas control system, so reliability should be similar. Seams like Enviro has some quality control issues though...