Decent infrared thermometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Just bought an $8 one from ebay and its consistently 25~40 degrees different then the stove top thermometer. Not sure which is the accurate reading and dont care. +/- 25- 40 degrees will not change the way the wood burns or stove management. ~100 degrees would get me to rethink, re-evaluate, things.

To date I have tested it only in the range of 200-550 degrees. Just got it two days ago and havave not heated the stove above 550 degrees yet.

I decided on this model because it requires only 2 AAA batteries. Others take a 9 volt. The Temperature range is -50~550℃ (-58~1022°F) and the emissivity is adjustable.

1584282879575.png

1584283135283.png