deer season is over(kinda)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats wishlist! My wife is deathly afraid of canning meats (almost anything really) so we just freeze stuff. She has her degree in Laboratory Technology so she knows ALL of the nasties that can happen when canning goes wrong. I've got a guy who cuts(bones it out)/wraps/freezes for $75 a deer and does a great job so that's the route we go.

f v

Seems there are lots of folks fearful of canning and even more fearful of pressure canners. However, look at all the canned goods that are sold in the stores! I'd sooner trust our own canning than to trust one of those. We do a lot of freezing of vegetables but still love canned venison. We cut all the white stuff off and then cut into about 1" cubes. Stuff as much as you can into a quart jar and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Yummy!

Backwoods Savage said:
And then the chainsaw right after the canner.

Well I sure don't know about "right after". Even Dave in Alaska gets a "time out" . Lol....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.