Delivery today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainegeek

Dec 6, 2008
Central Maine
So, as of 9 am this morning I have 4 tons of Maine Choice sitting in my driveway. I'm still hoping I don't regret not sticking with Energex pellets but with Maine Choice at $225/ton with free delivery I figured I'd give it a try.... thanks Paul! Now I'm just trying to get the motivation to start bringing them into the basement. I'll get some pictures posted later...

On a side note, some of you might remember the problem I had with my Mount Vernon's baffle. Well, it appears I have trouble again this year. I have a massive crack across most of the length of the baffle. I haven't inspected it very closely yet but I will during my annual cleaning (this week). I just need to pick up the chimney brush I ordered through the local hardware store first. It looks like I'll be talking to my dealer again for another baffle replacement. At least this one doesn't appear to be flaking and chunking apart. I'll try to get pics up of this as well as soon as I get around to the annual cleaning. Hopefully, Quad continues to replace and investigate the problems they have with their baffles. Owners should not be expected to buy a new baffle each year.

Sorry to hear about another cracked baffle.....Quad should do the right thing & replace again, but one wonders why it's a continuing problem.

Hope you made a good choice with 4 tons of pellets that you haven't (?) burned before.

Echo the sympathy on the baffle issue. Hope the next one goes better.

The Maine choice were the best maine made pellets I burned last year. Overall they were pretty decent. Are these the newest run from the plant after the rebuild??

Keep us posted on how you like them.

Thanks guys! Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about the Baffle.

I'm not 100% sure if these are "new runs" but I'm fairly certain they are. I couldn't find any sort of date on the bags.

Since everyone likes pics here are some for your viewing pleasure! :)

I'm burnt out... early to bed tonight! :)

Attachments

• IMG_6350 (Small).jpg
    IMG_6350 (Small).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_6349 (Small).jpg
    IMG_6349 (Small).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_6347 (Small).jpg
    IMG_6347 (Small).jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 273
Status
Not open for further replies.