Difficulty connecting 3” adaptor Tee on Enviro Meridian Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sprucelee01

Aug 24, 2023
Bishop CA
Hello all,
Selling some advice if anyone has had this issue. I bought a brand new Enviro Merdian insert and I have a Duravent 3PVP-TADX41 Tee 3” adaptor. I’m attempting to connect the Tee directly to the combustion vent on the back of the stove. It feels unnaturally tight! Like with some significant effort I can get the Tee on 3/4”. It does not instill confidence that out has a secure fit. Am I missing something or is this all I should expect it to go on?
Also, assuming that is all I’ll get, is it possible to seal the joint w metal tape instead of silicon? I’m worried if I seal it w sealant it will be fixed and impossible to remove to service the stove. How is everyone else deal with pulling the stove out and this joint?
Thanks for any insight to offer.

ED06813D-019B-49CE-B7CF-391DA3E58EB8.jpeg

Can you post a pic of what you’re attaching it to? I’m thinking the tailpipe off of the stove but need to be sure

IMG_5133.jpeg
IMG_5131.jpeg
IMG_5132.jpeg
Hi thank you Washed Up.
I’m attaching pics of the 3” connection point on my Meridian. You will notice some scratches on it which notes the furthest point I was able to get the Tee adaptor to seat. Approximately 3/4”. Is that enough or should it seat fully? It doesn’t seem very secure at 3/4”.

Yeah unfortunately that’s the wrong size for the tailpipe…this maybe the part you’re looking for but I’m not %100 sure, you’d still need a different “T”, that would accept that part I sent you

According to Dura Vent the Tee I have is a newer product and is supposed to bypass the adaptor and connect directly to the appliance. At least that’s my understanding??

Oh yeah, that’s the idea behind it, unfortunately it’s the wrong size, you should take photo of the diameter and send it to them if you’re communicating with them.
It should easily slide over top.

Reactions: johneh