Dishwasher Odor problem -- Drain line? (PICS included)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Swedishchef said:
I sometimes keep my dishwasher door open 1/2 an inch after the cycle is run to let it air out.
Sage advice. The only time our diswasher door is latched (besides while it's running) is when it has clean dishes in it. A latched door is our understood indication that it has clean dishes as the clean light goes out the moment the door is unlatched. It's my job to empty the dishwasher and if the clean light is out, the latched door is my only remaining clue.

rustynut said:
mrmike...
Heard somewhere that you could put a tablespoon of Tang in and run it thru a cycle.
Not quite sure on the amount but think it was a tablespoon.
Might be worth a try?
rn

+1 We use Tang to clean our ice makers here at work, this is more for the metals than any thing else, as it is pretty much nothing more than citric acid and sugar!

LLigetfa said:
Swedishchef said:
I sometimes keep my dishwasher door open 1/2 an inch after the cycle is run to let it air out.
Sage advice. The only time our diswasher door is latched (besides while it's running) is when it has clean dishes in it. A latched door is our understood indication that it has clean dishes as the clean light goes out the moment the door is unlatched. It's my job to empty the dishwasher and if the clean light is out, the latched door is my only remaining clue.

DING DING DING....We have a WINNER! At least for my problem....I left the door cracked a little after the last load and the next day - NO SMELL (at least no bad smell). Seems to help a lot!

Glad I was able to help:)
Just let the leftover heat carry the moisture out (while the door is open) and make sure that the dishes you put in it aren't soaking wet. Accumulation of water in air tight spaces = bad.
:)

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.