Distribution blower on PC45 won't come on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Harman part # 3-20-11744
Mountain view stove parts has them for $84. I think Hearth.com members can ask for discount
One source
I just checked ebay and several available

Last edited:
Lake Girl - Thanks a lot for the links!
Of course, as you stated, I need the more expensive black wired probe - ordering now!

When the Hubby's fire dept first got their FLIR, brought it home to test it out. Able to see son's footprints across the hardwood floor about 15 minutes after he walked through;lol Great for finding hot spots after initial knock-down.

When the Hubby's fire dept first got their FLIR, brought it home to test it out. Able to see son's footprints across the hardwood floor about 15 minutes after he walked through;lol Great for finding hot spots after initial knock-down.
Great tool to prevent rekindle fires. Been used with success to find people too.

Reactions: Lake Girl
The week-end he brought it home, they had a run-away from the local group home. He wondered how long the traces of heat would be visible for tracking a person. Never got to test it out though ... found the kid quick enough.

The trace may not be effective. We lost a kid that locked themselves into a car trunk. If they had scanned the property they would have found him

Well, my problem seemed to be the blower cover came loose, opened and upset the pressure in the stove! (since I reinstalled this cover the stove has run really well)
It was able to open since the pivot bolt on the blower cover latch broke off when I needed to loosen it earlier this year.
So, now I need to take off this plate, remove the bolt, re-tap and re-bolt the latch and reinstall it.
I do have a new ESP sitting on the sidelines for when that needs replacing!
Thanks a lot for everyone's suggestions!

Glad it got resolved. But I am confused - the blower cover for the distribution blower? That shouldn't change the pressure in the stove, because that moves house air through the heat exchanger, not air through the combustion chamber.

Not the distribution blower, the exhaust fan blower.
The bolt I broke off is where the arrow is pointing on the attached picture.

Attachments

• pellet stove.jpg
    pellet stove.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 212