Does firewood still dry below 32 degrees?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adios, was that a true or false??

Adios Pantalones said:
Fruese. I mean- Talse.

I mean- it dries in the cold, but it is way slower than when it's above freezing.

Thats what I thought you said-voted Thanks

I believe some drying happens below freezing but, try hanging some cloths out to dry when the temps stay in the 20's. I'm guessing it might take days to accomplish what you get at above freezing temperature's if they complety dry at all.

Everyone agrees; just afew days before this was posted, I was out in woods where I had some fresh stacks and after a hard freeze it had apeared to be cracking on the ends from maybe a hard freeze, I just thought takes all seasons to fully season wood 1 yr. or more but the winter probably doesn't amount to a hill of beans. U ever noticwe how some of the meaningless threads get the most response.

JoeyD said:
I believe some drying happens below freezing but, try hanging some cloths out to dry when the temps stay in the 20's. I'm guessing it might take days to accomplish what you get at above freezing temperature's if they complety dry at all.

It takes 2 days.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
JoeyD said:

It takes 2 days.

Unless you live out here on the plains, in which case drying takes five days. Only one to dry (due to the low humidity), and four more to find them after the wind blows them to Nebraska.

Status
Not open for further replies.